Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Next Steps

I've been slow to update recently, since my company is releasing a new version of its software at the end of the week...

But!  My next step is to merge struct you with struct monst, or rather, take out redundant data, like location, alignment, intrinsics, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.  I want to treat monsters and the player more equally, though I realize there will be some things that are specific to struct you.  the game has a global struct you u, and a global struct monst youmonst, and in some cases, it seems arbitrary which one is used.


On an completely unrelated note, I stumbled across this gem the other day on one of those 'horrors of coding' sites:


    static boolean isTrue(boolean b) { 
        HashMap map = new HashMap();
        b = ! !b;
        if (!(!(b == !b)) == false) {
            map.put(false, !(!(b != !b)));
        }    
        return !map.containsKey(b) & (!true | !false);
    }

I believe this is Java code.  It may also work in JavaScript but, fortunately, I'm not familiar with JS.  It may be the most amazing piece of code I've ever seen, maybe even better than x[strlen(x)] = '\0';.


3 comments:

  1. I created a new item: hell armor
    It comes in 5 Variates: kolben, dwarfvish, elven,
    regular and orcish. All of them give Fire Resistance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changed The Falling Rock Trap Damage From 2d^ to A Flat 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why? I don't really like that Slash'em made all artifacts do max bonus damage (like bat from hell always does +20). I'm a fan randomness in the game.

    ReplyDelete